Wellington Anniversary Day Notice
Please note: We will be closing on Wellington Anniversary Day (Monday, 22nd January).
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 04 384 4329. We will be back first thing on Tuesday the 23rd.
Best wishes from the Team at Tory Urban Retreat.
Common courtesy is at the forefront of these rules and are to be followed for a pleasant sauna experience for all.
- You will need 2 towels. One towel to sweat on in the sauna & another to dry off with after your sauna session (feel free to bring your own or hire ours for $2 each)
- Shower before you sauna & enter the pool at all times
- Put all your belongings into a locker & pin the key to your sauna towel
- This is a public therapeutic space – please speak in hushed respectful tones. Many people enjoy silence and go into a meditative, healing state in the sauna
- Cover your privates with a towel. This includes the sauna, lounger chairs & the relax areas. Your body will still be able to sweat freely ** Women’s & Men’s Only days are much more informal regarding covering up. **
- You can sauna nude, in a bathing costume or clean shorts (please note: not underwear or boxer shorts)
- Use the ladder to get in & out of the plunge pool – do not climb over the sides of the pool – it’s dangerous
- Mobile phones are not permitted past changing rooms. Please leave them in your locker on silent mode
- If you want to stretch in the sauna consider other users. Only do so if there is enough room & please cover your privates at all times
- If you leave the sauna you cannot “save your spot”
- Do not sit on the floor at any time
- Please keep your intimate moments at home
- Don’t shave in the sauna. Gentlemen please feel free to shave at the sink in your changing room since all your pores will be open and will make shaving easier
- Children – we welcome children over 7 years of age to sauna with us. They must be with their parents and they need to come on a gender specific day ie: boys with their Dads and girls with their Mums. Children must be supervised at all times.